Monday, July 25, 2011

How I met my Sailor

         Well when I met my Sailor he was not actually a Sailor.  Before John joined the Navy we had a different life.  He moved to Massachusetts in 2006 and began working at a special needs residence for adolescents with autism.  Meanwhile I was finishing up my psychology bachelor's degree and found out about the program through a friend who worked at a different residence in the company.  I applied and went in for an interview.  At the interview was the first time I saw John.  He came in with a kid to get a reward for that kid. I remember thinking that he was cute (and a little dorky).  On the first day of the job (July 2007) I got to the house to wait for the kids to get home from school but the door was locked. Since I didn't have my keys yet I was left to wait for the next person to arrive. Just my luck it was a nice co-worker who just weeks earlier I had seen a glimpse of at my interview. John and I became friends over the next few months along with a few other co-workers but nothing more as we were both in relationships at the time. 
          My relationship ended in September and I knew I liked John. It was a feeling I had never experienced. I felt as though before we parted ways that I had to tell him how I felt about him. I had never felt that feeling that it was important for me to do this.  Luckily it never came to that. His relationship ended a month or so after mine (John was relieved it had ended as it was not working out). January 3rd 2008 will be a day I remember forever. A few co-workers had decided to get together in John's city and then go over his apartment.  We flirted a lot that night and somehow we managed to get ourselves alone.  We sat on his futon and were flirtingly playing with our hands and John told me he had a crush on me!  I was thrilled and told him that I did too.  He said he wanted to take things slow which I was fine with but a minute later, he kissed me!! We had such an amazing connection and I remember when I told one of my friends she said. OMG, you're gonna marry him! I thought it was a funny thing to say but she ended up being right. 5 months into our relationship I moved in with him. About a year after that he proposed and a little more than a year after on May 1, 2010 we were husband and wife!
        All of this happened of course before the military was a part of our lives. I already wrote how it became a part f our lives so I won't bore you again! All I can say is that I'm very happy with how our lives are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment